Thursday, May 29, 2008

the 12 o'clock prince

a 12 o'clock prince on the birthday day.

somewhere that night.
you've been avoiding me for weeks.
last time you called me,you said,
you couldn't make it for the birthday.
the birthday that just 1 day before yours.
weird,huh?
i keep asking myself why this rare things happen to me and you.

last time you called me,
you said you were going away for a while.
you were going to celebrate your birthday in your hometown,
with family n friends there.
owh,so im not a family nor a friends anymore to you?!

i kept asking myself. should i believe it?
i hardly believe your words,if only your mother didn't assure it to me through the phone that you were going home,i wouldn't have believed it. my inner voice kept trembling.
didnt you remember your promises?
that you were going to come
that you were going to be there at 12o'clock at night on my birthday.
that you were going to bring 20 roses equal to my age.
that you were also going to bring cheesecake for me.
have you forgotten it?


didn't you know how much i questioned myself enough just to know the answer,that i wished you would be there?

i lost all my energy somehow that week.
it was getting closer to my birthday,and you were still missing.
u didn't answer my messages,and
i have already exhausted for calling you with no answer.
my mood was destroyed.
that whole week i'd rather not facing people and be gone too.
but i somehow managed to survive.
how did i do that?
me wondering too..

and there you go another news.
all my best friends couldn't make it too for the birthday,
my family would be out of town,
and thanks to those going to classes obligation,
i'd be stuck in my house,alone with my own misery.
FINE.
no friends,no lovers,no family,and worse,i wish there wouldn't even be a birthday.

i called aimee,
aimee wasnt there.
she was busy.
instead of her, larry was calling.
he said he needed a place to stay for 1 night.
larry?yeap,larry..
your beloved little pet brother whose hardly mature and quite to be told to sit down for 5 minutes.
yes,that larry.
and yes,he was calling.


i know i sounded so desperate,
and lousy.
but i hav to admit that i did wish that he came just because you sent him to me as a distraction for your surprise.
but hey,was it too much for the wishes?

so i let him stayed for a night,with conditions,
no knocking on my door at 12,
no singing or
not even a cake for me.

i'm at my miserable point
and i liked to keep it that way.
plus,the next day (which was also your birthday),
i have some notes to study for presentation.
so that night i've decided to be as miserable as i could
and thrown myself into those notes,
just passed by that 12o'clock silently by actually slept early.
now ur talking bout desperate

did i do anything wrong?
nope,i didn't think so.
so that night,
larry was there,
i was there, studying in my room trying to get rid those thought of u came with flowers n cake.

geez,,eyereen..i missed you.for real.




a 12o'clock prince.
haha
yes, you were 1 of those.
you came, you bring red rose flower n the cheesecake.
you hide, you waited till the midnight bell rang.
then you surprised me at my door.
i've slept.i've gone with my dream.
but when there was a knock,i couldn't stand to not be awake.
i knew it wouldn't be larry
i knew it'd be you.
and im right.

u were standing there,
rose on your left n cheesecake on your right hand.
there weren't be 20 flowers but i didn't care anymore.
i knew it'd be you.
i never wrong. not when it comes to you.
u smiled,do u know how sweet
it was?
it was sweeter than even mark westlife could afford it


"surprise surprise darling.."

and i didn't need any other things in this world to be literally real that time.
eyereen,
you made me cry,
you made me smile while crying,
you made me cry n smiled at ur hug.

eyereen....
i wish i could show you how grateful i was.
i wish i could tell you how thanked i was.
that you were there,you weren't lying,you proved yourself your promises.

now i'm here,writing this thing,
i know i'm being mellow,
but eyereen,
you are my 1st 12o'clock prince,
and you will always be the only 1.
even when everything's not there anymore.

eyereen,i love you,
do you?

my 12o'clock prince ever,eyereen.



No comments: